We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Random Aberrations, Apostasies, and Heresies

It’s been a very busy week for me, being away from home a whole lot (today as an example, we were gone from 9:20 AM to 6:40 PM) and when home doing my best to catch up inside and outside.  So I haven’t had much time to work on blog projects!  But I’ve been collecting links to news articles I have come across, and article which are exposing more and more of Satan’s invasion in the Church.  With that introduction, here we goooooooo…….

If you liked my article about Bill Johnson and Bethel Redding, you’ll like this “cornucopia” about him.

A Bethel Redding song won the GMA awards (and now I know where the above meme came from), which demonstrates how poor the CCM industry has gotten (and it goes on for over 8 minutes!!!).   Now tell me, do you really think what you saw here is a service worshiping God or self?

I followed  link in the above article to this article about Chris Tomlin songs — yes, I get tired of seeing his songs, and fully agree they are performance songs vs corporate worship songs!

Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry has posted some excellent articles examining the Amish religion.  The overall assessment I have about the Amish is that they are very legalistic, and with their legalism they can be quite arbitrary.

I have some books about the Amish on my shelf, and highly recommend them for anyone interested in more information about the Amish:
20 Most Asked Questions About the Amish and Mennonites, by Merle and Phyllis Good
A History of the Amish, by Steven M. Nolt
Crossing Over, by Ruth Irene Garrett with Rick Farrant
Growing Up Amish, by Ira Wagler 
True Stories of the Amish, edited by Ottie A. Garrett
Why Do They Dress That Way? by Stephen Scott

Why Jim Cymbala can’t be trusted.

So if you don’t like Hillsong, you hate God? I’d think it would be the other way around — if you LIKE Hillsong you hate God.  Hillsong teaches heresy and aberrations of all sorts!

I don’t normally get into politics on this blog because the topic is apologetics.  However, I think sometimes we also need to think apologetically with political decisions so as to be as biblically-minded as possible.  I think Wayne Grudem has an excellent article explaining what I consider the proper voting position this time. (Also, to be Christian would mean NEVER voting for Democrats because of their party platform of anti-God/anti-Christian stance, pro-abortion, pro-homosexuality, pro-same-sex fake marriage, pro sexual immorality of every sort, pro “transgender,” pro-theft from workers to give to non-workers, and essentially for everything that God is against!)

Another false “church” embarrassing real Christianity.  And they think God accepts their “worship.”  It seems to me that they worship themselves.

Another installment by Mennoknight examining the “generational curses” teachings.

Michael Brown is an excellent conservative commentator, but when it comes to theology, he is out in left field — demonstrated by his support for Bill Johnson!


It’s time for me to shut this machine down for the night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn,

I'm confused about the Chris Tomlin article. Are you the Glenn the author was complaining about?

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Carolyn,

Um, no. Purely a coincident with the name.

Anonymous said...

Just fyi, I didn't think it was you, but I wanted to check. It didn't sound like something you'd say. I hoped it wasn't something falsely attributed to you.

-Carolyn

Anonymous said...

The article on Tomlin was good, something I forgot to mention yesterday. He really isn't a good lyricist, which is why I groan every time he tries to alter hymnody. Worse when churches would rather sing his poor version of the hymn, than the original hymn itself.

MennoKnight's series on generational curses also very welcome.

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Tomlin's music isn't bad (as are his lyrics), but I don't like what he does to old hymns. I've addressed a couple of them in the past:
http://watchmansbagpipes.blogspot.com/2014/10/appealing-to-me-generation.html
(which you commented on)

http://watchmansbagpipes.blogspot.com/2011/01/when-i-survey-wondrous-cross.html